Bill Templin and one of our newest volunteers, Jennifer Hemmert, have been interviewing anglers at Folsom Lake and Lake Natoma to expand the information gathered on angler knowledge about local fish that was initiated by U.C. Davis researchers and expanded to the Yuba an Bear River watersheds by The Sierra Fund. So far we’ve interviewed 30 anglers, and met our goal there, at Folsom Lake. We’re still interviewing anglers at Lake Natoma and so far have complete 17 of our needed 30 surveys. We’re hoping to survey 30 anglers at French Meadows and 30 at Hell Hole Reservoir in 2012, but we need some extra help… Are you interested? If so, contact Bill at 916-601-9954 or firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Events
- Reclaiming the Sierra 2017
- River Clean Ups
- Two New Wild Trout and Wild & Scenic River Interpretive Panels
- UARF expands The Sierra Fund’s “Gold Country Angler Survey” to Folsom Lake and Lake Natoma
- Upper American River Board Meetings
- We wish to thank Bill Carnazzo for his years representing UARF at the PCWA FERC relicensing meetings and for his efforts to regulate dredge mining activities in the Sierra Nevada watersheds. We will miss your guidance and advice Bill, but we wish you the best as you continue supporting the issues of the Upper American River Watersheds.